Thursday 2 December 2010

Day 139 - 2nd December 2010


What a wimp!

In all seriousness I would definitely have gone swimming today, no doubt in my mind at all. In fact it is now 8.22am and the guilt and annoyance that I didn’t go is already setting in. The fact is that so much white stuff fell overnight (and is still falling) that my car may as well have a carrot on its front as it has more snow on it than a snowman. So whilst I would have gone swimming, it would have been daft to have walked 90 minutes to the beach, swam for 1 minute, then walked a further 60 minutes to work with the shivers. However I did take a phone call from Bob, who informed me that he had Gillian’s truck, so he made it to the front, joined a group of others who lived close by and they went in for just under 1 minute. He said that his toes still hurt from our 15 minute swim yesterday so a minute was plenty; a very tough guy. Astounding effort and puts me to shame!!! However for me it was the walk back to the office after swimming that made it a no go - pneumonia is not to be encouraged in an athlete in training!!

So my sole exercise for the day will have to be 60 minute walk to work and 90 min walk home. Can’t even get to the gym and then some gentle weights tonight from the warmth of my home. Can’t wait until I move back to Hill Drive and get my training pool and gym back; seriously how cool will that be! As it is I shall return to the beach and gym ASAP, car and snow dependent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment