Monday 20 September 2010

Day 99 – 20th September 2010

Monday once again upon us, another weekend over and the excitement of another unknown week ahead. Excitement or trepidation; who knows!

I was rather achy this morning when I got up at 6.am; the after effects of a 14.5k run on Saturday afternoon.

Looking out the window at a very gloomy, wet and windy morning was enough to send me back to bed, but the thought of starting the week with a swim in the biggest bath in the world was just too much of a pull! It was definitely a choppy one out there, but still it was a nice swim. Bob not around today so I had the pleasure of Midge until the buoys and then I carried on around the pier with Janet; a lovely lady who travels from Burgess Hill for a morning swim. We basically just plodded around the pier, battling through the waves and then sailed into shore. The tide was so strong that we decided to land on the “girls” beach the other side rather than swim back to ours; I actually ended up two beaches down and had to walk all the way back to our beach across the pebbles to retrieve my flip flops! I did enjoy it though, I’m definitely hooked on it.

Afterwards I headed down to Withdean Stadium for an hour with my physioterrorist Kim. Having not seen her to two weeks and having been battered by a lot of swimming, running and gym work in that time she decided to give me a full over beating! Absolutely no chance of me using the pool or gym tonight after that! God knows what state my body would be in if not for her!

Now back at work and guess what – the sun is out, the sky is blue and it’s getting warmer by the minute! Funny old climate we live in!

Tomorrow is my day 100 and the Peace Statue swim. Can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment