Thursday 9 September 2010

Day 91 – 9th September 2010


Yesterday I did the West Pier and back on a glass of water; followed by a dash to work and spending 4 hours in the office in various meetings, drinking one cup of coffee and then getting in the pool at Falmer with Mark for a very intense 60 minute swimming sessions (no idea how many lengths we did, but it was well into double numbers!), then back to the office and more meetings until at 4.00pm I had a prawn sandwich. How stupid is that. However on a good note, last night my shoulder was really aching a lot and caused me great concern that I had damaged it again. Why is that a good note?? Well quite simply it proved without a doubt to me that not eating before after intense exercise causes my muscles to ache and ultimately will damage and tear them. So now I have had that lesson confirmed without a doubt I would be a fool to not start taking that seriously. I sincerely hope I am not a fool, but I guess time and my blog will tell!

Anyway, back to today and being more positive. It was a lovely calm sea and a clear and cool air, with blue skies. It was very busy at the Arches today. Mark decided to come and join us for a swim to see if my pool training has paid off in the sea; apparently it has and he was very pleased. We swam with Bob and Midge just once around the Pier and it was glorious. Fiona was also there along with Angus; they were doing a 3 hour swim in preparation for his last chance this year at the Channel swim. Next week is his final shot this year so all fingers crossed for him. Leo, Martine and David were under the Pier taking photos and Kevin was floating around the coast taking photos of those taking photos! Young Mike and the other two Bobs were there as well as a handful of others. At 7.30am on a Thursday morning the Arches was alive and bigging it up!!

1 comment:

  1. Rob, try whey protein, i get it from myprotein.com it has really helped my training and also my little niggly injuries have gone. Diet / nutrition is going to be so important.

    ReplyDelete