Friday 3 September 2010

Day 87 – 3rd September 2010

Not a lot to say today as it’s 7.35am and I am at work and dry! I was planning on an early swim this morning as I have a very full work day, but when the alarm went off at 5.30am and I got up I found that hitting the sea today was just not going to happen! I must have slept funny as my neck is very stiff, nothing bad, just a tad uncomfortable, but that was all the excuse I needed! Some days I still have to force myself to go (not every day though!) but today...., well today an excuse kindly presented itself. Of course within the next couple of hours I shall be attacked by guilt and will end up going to the Gym and the Pool for 2 hours and working even harder because of that. However, for now I shall enjoy salt free skin for the day.

Fiona texted me last night to say that Angus had to cancel his swim. Apart from his broken arm, he now has a viral infection and is on antibiotics. He was still planning on swimming, but his body is aching from the virus and his temperature is up; it is just too dangerous in that state. He must have been absolutely gutted to cancel. But cancelling was the right thing to do and a very brave decision to make. You have to feel bad for the guy as he has worked so hard and against so many challenges of late. However, if it’s meant to be then it will be and he’ll get his chance.

Despite my not swimming, I am feeling positive and happy today; the sun is shining, the air feels warm, Asher absolutely loved his first day of school and was so excited about going back today and tomorrow is the start of the weekend. What could be better than all that xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment