Monday 6 September 2010

Day 88 – 6th September 2010

Monday morning once again; Monday seems to come around at least once a week and always rather quickly!

After a three day break from exercise I was raring to go (although at 6am on a Monday I guess raring is a bit strong, more like able to go!). The sea was cold at the shore. For the first time in months I found my face complaining at the temperature; however it soon warmed up once the waves started to batter me. Three of us this morning, Birthday boy Bob (55 today and not looking bad!), Young Mike (new boy to join the club) and Me (no longer the new boy – hooray!). Did the usual buoys and around the pier, however, the sea was extremely busy and the tide pushing East, so we swam directly under the pier and came around the head clockwise for a change so that we were with the tide. However, it was like a washing machine out there! It wasn’t so much breaking waves, it was just so up and down. If one ever suffered from sea sickness then today would have been the day. However, it was a good swim, we didn’t stop and when we got back to shore (basically all together) we felt as if we had really done some exercise.

Then 8.30am saw me off to sea Kim my physio; as usual her strong fingers making light work of my groin. Mmmm that sounds a bit x-rated; but it was purely pain rather than pleasure I can assure you.

Then off to Kent for my first meeting at 11am. Then back to Falmer at 1.30pm for 90 minutes in the gym, then dash back to the office for my 3.30pm meeting. Now on my way home to see the kiddies and help with dinner, bath, books and bed, the last job for today is a Trustees meeting for the Starr Trust to give out this quarters donations, which is an 8pm meeting that usually goes on until 10pm. Then hopefully to bed, ready for my 5.45am alarm to get up and start again.

When did life get so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment