Thursday 2 September 2010

Day 86 – 2nd September 2010


After yesterdays epic journey I decided a small swim would be good today. Bob was feeling a little tired as well so he was happy to go along with that.

The sea and temperature were the same as yesterday, however I was feeling less cold personally. I still couldn’t eat a bowl of cereal, which was annoying as I need to stay in that habit now, but I did eat a whole banana. We swam at 7am, just us (although Leo and others were also going in) and we did our favourite 4 buoys, around the pier and in. However, the stamina was certainly there as we motored the whole way around. I felt particularly strong and quick today and was pleased that I felt I swam really well; using the techniques Mark has been drumming into me. Even my legs seemed to be playing along today.

Then a quick shower and dash home as it was Asher’s first day ever of school and I wanted to go with Sharon and take him. Boy was that hard! Sharon shed a tear and I had butterflies but Asher was beautifully calm and composed. He looked absolutely gorgeous in his new uniform. He is such a special little boy and just seeing him walk into his new classroom filled me with pride. I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve such wonderful children, but boy oh boy am I grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment