Monday 13 September 2010

Day 94 – 13th September 2010

Solo Joe today! I got to the Arches at 6.30am and decided to go straight in rather than wait for the others; sometimes it’s good to swim solo to see how much I can push myself without expecting others to challenge me.

The sea was calmer than a calm thing and completely flat and very little tide. Also whilst the temperature has dropped it was not really that cold; or at least it didn’t feel too bad. I swam Palace Pier, to the red buoy at the end of the West Pier and then back to the Palace Pier and once around. A decent swim, took about an hour and very pleasant experience if truth told. At no time did I see anyone in the water or on the beach which was odd. However, as I came out of the sea and was walking up the beach I saw Bob leaving the sea. He had apparently seen me go in and basically ended up doing the same swim as me but about 5 minutes later; everyone else had already come and gone in that time.

I’m not sure what my routine will be for the rest of the week but I am sure it will involve water each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment