Wednesday 22 September 2010

Day 101 – 22nd September 2010

So now over a 100 days as a swimmer; does that make me a professional yet!

After yesterday's excitement I thought I would have an easy one today. So around the buoys and once around the pier in the lovely company of Bob and Midgie. The temperature in the sea was bloomin cold when we got in, but warmed up near the first buoy. The swim around the pier was easy enough, until we started to come through and then the tide fought back a little, but only a little. So all in all a nice easy swim.

Tomorrow I’m not swimming as it’s Sharon’s birthday and we are heading for a whole day at Bluewater shopping mall with the credit card. I anticipate tomorrow being a harder training session than I am used to!!!!

This Saturday I am of to Dorset with the swimming club for a fun swim around the coves, which will be my first “fun” swim, so very excited about that. As for the rest of today; off to London in a moment on business and then “maybe” will head to the gym afterwards. I think this week will be a bit of a rest week in terms of training; just 5 swims and one gym I think; then next week back to full steam again.

On an entirely different note, I started writing a new play last night. I feel I need a release from work, children and training and writing is the best tonic for me. Hopefully it’ll be easy to write and we can stage it next year as a Trust fundraiser. Naturally in my current mind set it will be a “swimming” story of sorts, but we shall see – watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment