Wednesday 18 April 2012

Swimming day 465 - Wednsday 18th April 2012


Yesterday after work I had an hour in the gym with Ross; he also ran the marathon (5.33 hrs) and he was walking like he’d ridden a horse for a month; funny.  He did amazingly well considering he’s a non runner and didn’t train to any great degree.  I have to say that using the muscles again after 2 weeks away from the gym and having just done the marathon was harder than usual, although it did energise me, which I definitely needed.  At night time when it came to book reading to the Twins, I just couldn’t stay awake and was making it up.  So I downed a Red Bull to pep me up, but the bloomin thing didn’t kick in until about 9pm and then I was sitting there all buzzed up!
This morning, knowing the sea wouldn’t be swimmable due to the weather, I headed to Falmer at 6.30a to meet Big Bob for one of our swimathons!  We did about 1½ miles in the hour (outside pool of curse – wind and rain on us); a mix of distance and speed.  I am now most certainly done with exercise for the day.
I’m pleased though that after a marathon on Sunday I was still able to swim n the sea Monday, then sea swim and gym Tuesday and then big pool swim today. I might not be superman, but I’m pleased to see people half my age crashing out after Sunday whilst I can keep going.
Tomorrow apparently the weather is going to be shocking again, however it will be a low tide tomorrow which makes it safe.  So should be a hard sea swim in a rough sea; that will certainly work the shoulders again and wake me up at 7am I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment