Monday 23 April 2012

Day 467 - Monday 23rd April 2012


As expected no training on Friday or Saturday, but Sunday I went for an 8 mile run; took about 1hr 10 mins.  Annoyingly my right leg hut from the start of the run, all the way through until I got back home.  I guess I need some physio on it to get it better before I get back to some longer runs. 
This morning I had planned to be at the beach as usual but Mia was unwell again last night and I didn’t want her to be shlapped  on the school run.  So Sharon took Asher and I stayed at home with the Twins until she got back.  So instead of the sea today I’ll head to work and then after work will get to the pool for an hour; truth is that at this time the pool swimming is equally important as the sea swimming so I probably should be spitting my week evenly anyway (even though I would prefer not to!).
Last night I went to London at 7pm to see the UK premier of an amazing project called Step by Step.  It’s a collaboration between an Israeli School and an Arab School and they have 40 teenagers who have got together to write a musical about the madness in the middle east and how it affects them and what life “should” be like rather than how it is.  It showed that  the kids simply do not want the fighting and that they recognise that they are just kids with the same lives, the same hopes, the same inspirations and the same needs.  All they have to do is convince the older population to listen to them; not an easy task of course after hundreds of years of fighting; but it has to start and the best way is one kid at a time.  An amazing group of individuals and very inspirational to anyone who wants to see peace anywhere in the world.  I felt very honoured to be asked to go along and see it as one of their VIP’s and I’m hoping that the Starr Trust, especially our CHOCS programme can work with these amazing people over the coming year.  Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment