Tuesday 17 April 2012

Swimming day 464 - Tuesday 17th April 2012


                                         Up close it's way scarier than it looks here!


Last night was like a countdown to no sleep; 5,4,3,2,1 and in the sea!
5 = Mia comes into the room at 1.00am and settles in between us.  Both of us too tired to take her back, so we each move over and give her the middle.
4 = Jesse comes into the room at 1.30am just as I drop off to sleep and jumps right on top of me to slot in between Mia and me, pushing me right to the edge, forcing Mia along a bit and making Sharon move to the bottom of the bed.  Now I’m awake again, but still too tired to take him or Mia back.  Taking comfort from the fact that they are letting me at least have the edge of the bed.
3 = Asher calls me at 2.05am just as I almost drop of to sleep.  Totally unusual for him but he wet the bed.  Bring him into our room and into the bathroom to clean him up.  Far to late to climb into his bunk bed to change the sheets, so instead put him in new pj’s and he jumps straight into my little bit of bed on the edge and goes straight to sleep.  Sharon climbs back to the bottom of the bed, the twins still fast asleep and there  I am standing in the room at 2.30am.
2 =  4.00am and still lying awake in Mia’s bed on a  childs mattress trying to get to sleep, but the wind, rain and aching legs from being on kids bed keeping me awake; just hoping to somehow drop off for the last couple of hours.
1 = At the arch by 6.45am, no point lying at home anymore! 
 5, 4, 3 ,2, 1 the perfect evening!!
The sea this morning was nuts!  Shoichi got in at the girly beach before we got to the shore and was almost dumped a couple of times trying to get out; luckily (and I think it was more luck than judgement) he got out safely.  LB, Lindy, David and Charlotte headed to the groin for a groin shower, whilst Big Bob, Martina and I headed to the girly beach to try out luck. 
I tried a few times to get in, whilst Bob and Martina went straight for the pilchard (lying on the beach being washed over by the waves).  But the waves were so big and so inconsistent it made it impossibly dangerous.  They were crashing in from every angle you could imagine and were so powerful; on top of that the wind was hitting you full on and the rain was freezing down on you! 
Tomorrow I am heading straight to the pool; just no point heading to the beach like this when I need to be training for the big swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment