Monday 2 April 2012

Swimming day 458 - Monday 2nd April 2012


April already, where did that go!
Yesterday, feeling 50% better, I hit the treadmill rather than pounding on the streets.  With just 2 weeks to go before the Marathon now is the time to start pulling back on the training and to make sure I don’t aggravate the knee any further.  Treadmill running is so much gentler and even though I did 2½  hrs on it I hardly had any pain at all.  I might stick to the treadmill now under the big run; that way I’m still holding my fitness but not causing any damage.
This morning, with the sun shining already by 6am I headed to the arch for 6.45am and was in the water by 6.50am.  With Big Bob away for a couple of weeks I am now “Billy No Mates” when it comes to swimming (“Billy lots of mates” in the arch I’m pleased to say!).  With the sea so flat and the sky so blue I headed out and around the pier with no fear and no crazy racing heartbeat.  It’s still cold, in fact slightly down on last week (8 degrees by my watch), but still warm enough to wiz around the pier.  Total time 24 minutes and enjoyed the whole swim; even feeling bunged up and throaty didn’t matter, it was just a beautiful morning to be swimming solo around the pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment