Friday 13 April 2012

Day 462 - Friday 13th April 2012


That was the longest blog outage since I started my swim blog; I almost missed writing it!  No much to tell apart from the fact that I’ve done no swimming, no gym and only two runs since last Thursday.  My body is screaming at me for resting and my skin is confused as to where all the salt water has gone.  On the plus side my cold is a lot better; not cleared completely, but so much better.  This is really important as Sunday is the marathon and I need to be as healthy as possible for it.
I did a 2½ hour run last Sunday on the treadmill at home as I needed a decent run but had to stay of the road to rest my knee and avoid the cold air in my throat.  That much time running on the spot could be somewhat boring, however I had Denzel Washington on the Tv to keep me company and the time almost flew by.  The beauty of the treadmill is that not only does it help you keep you pace and pull you along but the impact is so light that after 2½ hours I still had no leg pains at all.  My last run was yesterday after work and I did go outside as I wanted to test my knee on the street.  I just did a very short 5 mile run in 35 minutes; so quite a speed, but just a short distance.  Again no leg problem which was a good sign.  That’s definitely it now until the marathon in two days time. 
I am looking forward to the run, although of course I am also very nervous as I’ve neve run in crowds before and certainly never run that distance.  However I’m looking forward to the finish line and being able to cross this one of my list and then give full concentration to my channel swim as that is only a few months off now.
Monday will be back in the sea; which after 10 days off will be very difficult in terms of getting to the beach so early and plunging into a cold bath; but hopefully the body and mind will respond positively to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment