Wednesday 27 July 2011

Day 302 - 27th July 2011

Woke up this morning with a very scratchy dry throat; courtesy of young Jesse who has spent the last few days coughing straight into my face; my kids love to share. I did consider, very briefly, staying in bed this morning and not swimming, but figured that whether I swim or not I will feel rough today so I may as well get in the sea anyway.

I’m working in London today so needed a slightly earlier swim, so was at the Arch by 6.20am and in the sea by 6.30am. I did the same swim as yesterday, except went another 2 buoys further east as well. The sea was flat and hardly any movement at all. Considering I wasn’t feeling my best I managed a decent pace and felt quite strong; in fact I had only planned a quick trip around the four buoys and ended up going around eight buoys and the pier in 40 minutes. The temperature of course was still low at just 15.5 degrees and the air temperature (considering its end of July) was a very poor 16 degrees.

What is up with people by the way! By this I mean people who drop litter; why do they do that? The beach cleaners hadn’t started as early as usual today and walking down the beach I must have seen somewhere in the region of 50 empty beer cans and a dozen discarded beer boxes; not to mention the paper and plastic amongst them. There are massive dustbins at the top, how hard is it to use them! I just don’t understand people’s mentality.

Rant over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment