Monday 4 July 2011

Day 284 - Friday 1st July 2011

An early start of meetings today meant that despite the fantastic hot weather and clear sky I couldn’t get to the beach before work; it would have meant a 5am start, which even for me was not something I felt I needed to do. However my day ended earlier than usual with my last meeting finishing at 4pm, so I opted for an afternoon swim instead.

I was at the Arch by about 4.15pm and went twice around the pier, beach to beach to beach. Total swim approx 42 minutes. The sea was a little choppy, but not offensively so and the temperature was around 17 degrees; which was the highest it’s been all year; in fact whilst it felt warm I am not convinced it was that high and perhaps my watch was being a little optimistic!

It was weird swimming at that time as the beach had a few people on it and both the prom and the pier had visitors. Being on my own late afternoon with all those people about was slightly uncomfortable. However I have to say that the actual swim itself was fantastic, much nicer than my morning swims. The sea was a lot warmer, I had more energy and also had the arch all to myself. I am certainly considering do this more; maybe once or twice a week if work allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment