Tuesday 5 July 2011

Day 286 - 5th July 2011

Another weather day much like yesterday; air warm, sea up to around 16.5 degrees, calm, flat and just jolly nice. Got to the Arch at a leisurely 7.20am (very late for me!) and headed in alone; others (Big Bob, Little Bob, Mike etc already in and doing their things). I didn’t fancy a pier swim today, although I probably should have done a West Pier swim; instead I went around the three buoys on our beach, going around them 4 times in total. A nice easy enjoyable swim. The sea itself was really clear today and you could see straight to the floor. Going around the buoy by the pier it was easy to spot the ride tokens that have dropped down (some people in the club dive and collect them by the pocket load) ; good spoils for all. Going back along to the middle buoy I spotted circa half a dozen star fish of varying sizes; all lying still and no doubt having a morning nap. I love days when the water is clear like this, it makes being in the sea so amazing.

After my swim I spoke to Leo and Shoichi; both of who want to join me in the relay next year and both who I would love to have on my team. Both of them really good swimmers and very determined people as well as being fun to be around. So with 3 of us on board we are now going to get together and plan the rest of the team. There is a 4th person at the arch (the female variety!) who is amazingly fast and strong and super nice; she has expressed that she might like to also join us, so I’ll chat to her next week as well. No names yet just in case she changes her mind.

I have had a number of really supportive email recently, once again giving me extra strength and confidence to carry on:


Dear Rob,
I was sorry to read the first half your email knowing what great effort you have gone to in order to plan the challenge. However, I was greatly encouraged by the second half of the email proving the old adage “you can’t keep a good man down!” (or out of the water in your case!)
In every respect, you still have my full support and the support of the radio station behind the amazing work you are doing and the inspiring causes you are supporting.
Best wishes to you, your team and your family.
Ryan


How determined is Rob, well done to him. Wish I was a strong swimmer and I would do my “bit” My late husband had the same illness so I do understand . Anyway enough of this time to get on with the day, the children are in!
Jane Assistant Head Teacher for the Primary School

No comments:

Post a Comment