Monday 25 July 2011

Day 300 - Monday 25th July 2011

Day 300 of my swimming career and I was pleased to be able to share that with my good buddy Timmy Piatt. Tim is doing a Triathlon next week and apart from training a lot on his bike and running he has hardly done any swimming! So this morning he joined me in the sea for a before work swim. We went from the Arch through the Pier and then back again; a short swim, about 25 minutes and maybe 1000 metres. I think Tim was a bit shocked at how different the sea is to the pool and perhaps he realises that maybe he should have put a few more swimming sessions into his training; but he did do brilliantly. It’s not easy getting into the sea for a swim, especially with people who do it every day. He made no fuss, just got on with it as he does; good boy. He is planning on joining me Thursday morning as well; maybe without his wet suit! Actually that would be daft as he’s not used to the cold and that would be really shocking for him, but if he’s up for it I’ll take him out to the second buoy and see how he fares with the depths.

In other news, yesterday was my brother-in-law Darren’s birthday; the big Four Oh!! Not only is he my brother-in-law, but also the Project Director and co Founder of the Starr Trust; an inspiration to me since I first met him some 13 years ago. He had a fantastic party with friends from all over the world turning up; bouncy castles, drumming sessions, mini concert (he sings professional as well!!) and far far far too much cake. In fact my little Jesse ate o much cake that he was up all night and not all the cake stayed down!

No comments:

Post a Comment