Thursday 21 July 2011

Day 298 - 21st July 2011

Sleep: Effected by kids and Ice cream
Health: Not bad but electrical
Swim: Charming
AOB: Always

After work last night I parked at Flamer, went for a 10k run and then ended up in the gym for 90 minutes with Ross. He pushed me “hard”, one of those sessions when I thought I might actually be sick; I wasn’t! We worked on core, abs, chest, shoulders and biceps – I didn’t know one could do all that in a single session. Afterwards I headed home and got there at 7.30pm, just in time for Sharon to dash out to get her hair cut, leaving me with teeth, books and bed for the little monsters. By 8.45pm they were all settled and I was in the home office on left over paperwork until Sharon got back for dinner at 9.45pm. A nice meal of M&S Paella, followed by a whole tub of Ben & Gerry’s chocolate ice cream whilst finishing my paperwork – a mistakes I can tell you!

My evening was basically filled with various visits from the kids, I think they came and went about 6 times, but I lost count. The in-between time was spent with my chrones complaining about the ice cream. Total sleep approx 40 minutes in total!
The lack of sleep seemed to aggravate my rheumatism as well and the old faithful electrics shocks were back in my inner thigh from about 5am until I was in the sea at 7am. The sea of course as usual taking away all the pain. Temperature in the sea down to 15.2 degrees, but it was very still and very flat. Luckily Bob didn’t fancy a mammoth swim today (I was certainly not up for anything huge), so instead we went around the four buoys at a leisurely pace; however we did it in freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke and butterfly! A day like today does give you the chance to practice your stroke; or even all your strokes.

Tonight after work we have a Starr Trust “Chocs” network event in Brighton; delivering Chocs to some new schools and introducing them to possible partners and charities. I am desperate to stay awake for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment