Monday 20 February 2012

Swimming day 426 - Monday 20th February 2012


Another week gone and another one starting; time really does march on at a pace.  The marathon is now only a couple of months away and the channel swim only about six months; what will I do with myself when they are done.
Yesterday was the Brighton Half Marathon and a beautiful bright chilly day it was.  We have about a dozen runners running for the Starr Trust which was brilliant.  I personally didn’t take part in the official race, so instead went out at 8am and did a 12 Mile run around Hove.  In fact I did 8 time around Hove Park (was surprisingly not boring)  and then down to the seafront, then along and up Sackville Road and then along and up King George; so some good hill work.  Total time about 1hr 40 mins; not too shabby.  Afterwards I used my new power plate at home for some stretching and it seemed to do the job as whilst I’m a little achy this morning, it’s not really bad.
This morning was the usual quick dip in the sea; although 9 minutes in 4.5 degrees is not exactly quick.  Usual crowd there and a flat sea and astonishingly beautiful sky. 
If kids behave tonight I’ll grab some home gym time tonight; apart from that I’m done for the day I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment