Friday 17 February 2012

Swimming day 425 - Friday 17th February 2012


I guess one has to pay the piper!  I don’t know why, but it just seems that way – a good day has a cost later on it seems. 
After my swim yesterday, whilst the mind was fluffy and happy my left shoulder blade was causing me pain.  It might have been the morning swim or the sym the night before, but whatever it was it was rather painful.  Then last night, despite absolutely knowing it would happen, I had a take-a-way pizza and upset my Crohns.  Sharon was out and after settling the kids I went to the kitchen to cook something and found it very dusty and messy; the builders had been in to relay some floor tiles that had moved and had left it is a less than desirable state; really not conducive to cooking.  So despite my knowing the dangers I ordered in!  The result was that within the hour of finishing it I was doubled in pain and it continued through the night.  The annoying thing was that it was completely my fault and I should know better!!  Luckily I do have an answer to my problems; it is called the Sea! 
So this morning, struggling out of bed still in discomfort, I headed to the arch and met up with my usual crowd.  About 30 seconds after being in the 4 degree sea all my pain had vanished and I was thinking about nothing else other than how far out am I drifting and whether I can get back in before the cold stops my arms working!  With those thoughts in mind there is no room to worry about anything else.  After about 6-7 minutes Bob suggested we head in, but I was way to happy to not be in pain and I kept up in for a few minutes more.  So much better that a handful of pills! 
This afternoon after work I have a gym session booked in, but I think I will cancel it as my shoulder is still not settled and I don’t want to aggravate the Crohns again.  Hopefully by the time I’ve got the kids settled (Sharon our again – every night this week I have been a widow, what’s the world coming to!!) I’ll be feeling on top of the world and I’ll grab an hour in my home gym and then have a nice piece of healthy grilled fish and rice!!  About time I started to watch what I eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment