Tuesday 14 February 2012

Swimming day 422 -Tuesday 14th February 2012


Before I started my sea swimming Valentines used to bring a nice warm start to the day.  Now of course it brings a shocking cold wake up call.  This morning, whilst the day seemed a little brighter than yesterday and the air temperature had risen to a massive +3, the sea remained at a shocking 4 degrees.  The conditions in the sea were much the same as yesterday and as such Big Bob and I did much the same swim and suffered much the same pain!  For me at the moment the most painful part is actually when I’m back in the arch in the shower and the blood returns to my hands; it really is painful.
The arch this morning seemed surprisingly busy; Big & Little Bob, Damien, Paul F, James, Flick, Martina.  Not massive numbers but clearly big personalities as it seemed full of life.  No Mike today as he was kayaking from Brighton to Peacehaven last night and then camping out on the beach in Peacehaven and then kayaking back today.  Considering he is into his later years (me being kind here) it’s amazing really.  You find that the people at the arch really do have big whatsits and aren’t afraid of extremes.  Perhaps it’s eccentricities, perhaps it’s ballsy, perhaps it’s madness; but it certainly is living life to the extremes.
This afternoon after work I’m back to the gym once again and then back in the pool and then tomorrow morning Big Bob and I will be in the pool for an hours hard graft.  With the marathon coming up in April and then the Channel in August I really need to keep the pressure up and weekly increase my training.  Luckily I have nothing else in my life to focus on!! For instance can you imagine how crazy it would be if apart from the channel and the marathon if I was already in my 40's, had 3 businesses to run, 3 children to bring up, a household to keep going, a children’s charity to run, a theatre project on the go and a new book being written; wouldn’t life be a bit extreme then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment