Tuesday 5 April 2011

Swimming Day 223 – 4th April 2011

With only about 100 days until the channel swim the mind is getting focused! Not that it hasn’t been of course, but as soon as you start counting in days then the mind really starts to focus. The actual date is still not known, but I’ve been told by Reg (my Pilot) its likely to be sometime between 7th - 14th July.

This morning I started at 7.45am with a visit to Kim my physio. It’s been ages since I saw her last so I thought some preventative treatment would be sensible. She said all seemed good and apart from the usual knots there were no problems. She did say I was tight in my back between my shoulders, but I already knew that, as I been aching a bit, but all in all alls ok.

After work I did a 30 min swim in my endless pool at home. I used to use it a couple of years ago before I really started swimming and always enjoyed the temperature, but now Toooooooo HOT! It was 37 degrees (whirl pool temperature) and I couldn’t breath. I did just short of 30 mins but afterwards was drained of all energy, completely drained! Saying that, instead of then taking the opportunity of sitting down in an empty house and recovering, I hoovered the house, folded up the kids clothes and did the big bucket of ironing – somehow and somewhere I have completely lost the skill of relaxing. The pool is now set to it’s lowest temperature, being 24 degrees, which whilst sill warm is actually totally swimmable for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment