Monday 18 April 2011

Day 234 - Monday 18th April 2011

Not a bad nights sleep last night; I think all the garden time wore the little mites down. We did have two visits (Mia & Jesse), but it was early on, so we still got a good 6 hours sleep, which for me is way more than my usual maximum. Waking up at 6am I looked at the clock, felt all the back and shoulders ache from yesterday and rolled over to go back to sleep. By 6.10am I was up, dressed and heading for the car!! Gotta love that resolve. I was in the pool by 6.40am, swam past my 9.40am target and kept going until 10.40am – 4 hrs in the bag. I stopped on the half hours for a small slurp of maxim gel followed by water, both of which made the swim doable, but I really need to work out how I can eat something “before” my swims. Unlike the running on Sunday, which whilst only 40 minutes in total, I could have (I didn’t of course) stopped and walked a while and even popped into a shop for a snack – no chance of doing that in the sea! Not wanting to be a “food bore” once again, but I think it’s time I dealt with this problem and start to take it seriously. I’m in the sea tomorrow morning for a 30-40 min swim (dependent on sea temp and conditions) so am not needing a breakfast, but I’m back in the pool Wednesday for another 4 hr swim and I think between then and now I need to work that out.


As for the rest of today; no more exercise now until tomorrow. I’ve got a longish day of meetings and paperwork to catch up on, followed by an ECG at the Dotors at 5pm for my Channel Swim medical assessment, followed by a meal tonight at my house for 18 people! Yep I did say 18!! Don’t ask!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment