Friday 8 April 2011

Day 227 - Friday 8th April 2011

This morning was much like yesterday morning in terms of sea conditions, air temp and the swim we did. The only differences really was that the sea temp has risen again, from 7.3 degrees yesterday to 7.6 degrees today. Even a 0.3 rise is noticeable, amazingly, enough. Another slight difference today was that there was a diving boat at the end of the pier working on the pier struts. These boats really don't welcome us swimming around them and to be honest we feel the same about them, but the sea is not the preserve of them or us so we simply have to just accept that they are doing a job and are allowed to be there and we are lunatics and the asylum lets us out to swim. It was quite funny swimming passed them and seeing some of the faces looking at us as if we were slightly short of a few slices!!

Once again Bob and I swam hard, more so coming back, and we did the swim in under 21 minutes again. I think that we must have really exerted ourselves at the end because when we were standing on the beach afterwards we both, at exactly the same time, came over a little faint and found ourselves swaying a little and not being 100% of sound mind! It was probably a mixture of cold water, hard swimming and then going from the swimming motion to a standing motion. That I guess would be the most sensible reason. I doubt it could have been the bottle of wine Bob drunk late last night or the two rather large Jack Daniels I drank; surely not?

After work I have a gym session with Ross and he has already told me it’s going to be a hard one! I don’t know how much harder he can push me; my abs are still aching from Tuesdays session. This Sunday it is the Brighton marathon, the second one, and the town is buzzing with it. A few people have asked me why I’m not doing it considering how fit I’ve become – I shan’t put here in my blog my answers to those questioning why I don’t run a marathon as well, am I not doing enough already!

I would like to take this chance to send Little Bob and the lovely Lindy the very best in their run; both will absolutely complete the marathon easily enough as they are super fit – Little Bob gets his fitness from all the time running up and down the beach from the Arch to the waters “edge” and back each day!! Go for it both of you; Lindy lets see if you can break that 3 hr barrier!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment