Thursday 14 April 2011

Day 231 - Thursday April 14th 2011

This morning was a pool swim as planned. 6.30am – 9.30am; a dull sky and air temperature lower than it’s been. The outside pool was somewhat busier this morning than usual, in fact I was swimming the main area with two others for nearly an hour before I was able to get my usual private lane at the side. I really should put my watch back on and start counting the lengths to make sure I’m increasing it each time.


Tomorrow morning is pool again, 4 hours is the plan. The Monday pool again! I might see if I can fit in a sea swim Saturday or Sunday as otherwise I’ll have too many days away from the sea and that’s not good for the mind!!

Last night I didn’t get home from London until after midnight, so I was a tad tired this morning. We saw Darren, my brother-in-law, in an Opera in Covent Garden. He was the lead in a new piece by Terry Jones (Monty Python); he played a Medical GP Dog – don’t ask, this is opera after all. Darren as ever was fantastic and even though I’m not an Opera person by nature, the piece was funny and easy to watch. My brother-in-law is seriously talented!!

Another great thing to recall from yesterday was this email I received –

Good afternoon


I have recently moved to Brighton and am keen on raising funds again for a local charity.
My wife in fact ran the marathon for you and raised around £1,300. I know its not a huge amount but it is only the start. A little bit about me. I have always been very keen on fund raising but as you know everyday life tends to take over and before you know it weeks go by. I broke my back playing rugby when I was younger and decided to change my perspective on life. I now have 2 young kids who are very happy and
we would like to help others and as your company says "put a smile back on childrens faces".
When we have the time would it be possible to come and say hi and introduce ourselves? I would also like to help out occasionally if possible and come up with some good fund raising ideas.I helped raise £100,000 when I stepped into a boxing ring for the Royal Marsden http://www.davidadamsleukaemiaappeal.org/David_Adams_Appeal/Home.html


Mandie Adams is a very close friend and she lost her husband to leukaemia a while ago. Now I am not saying that I am willing to get beaten up again :) but I would like to run the marathon for you next year (not looking forward to it) but I am willing to do it to raise some money. I would also like to donate a small % on every sale that I make through my company each month. My business is small at the moment but I am growing slowly and it could help one or two children each month.

Would it be possible to have your logo so I can put a page on my website? I will also create a just giving page if thats the easiest thing to do?  It would be great to meet one day soon and I hope I can help, even if
its a little bit.

Have a great day.


How amazing is that!! From out of the blue we have some more money raised for the Trust towards our 21 projects plus we have new supporters. People really are special and as ever I am in awe of their generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment