Monday 11 April 2011

Day 228 - Monday 11th April 2011

Not the best of starts today as I woke up with rather a bad headache. Not able to get up at 6.00am, let alone go swimming, which was a bummer as the weather certainly dictates a sea swimming day. No reason for the headache other than perhaps being over tired. Was at the office by 7.20am feeling much better, but annoyed that I didn’t go (that demon guilt again!). I’m office bound most of the day as I’ve only got one meeting at 3pm, so if that finishes early enough I’ll either head down to the beach for a half hour swim or to the gym; really don’t fancy the pool today. I will get a 5 hr swim in the pool this week, but think I’ll leave it until the end of the week, maybe Thursday, so I can get my head in the right place for it.

Aside from the ropy start this morning, the weekend was just glorious. The sun was out from early morning until late evening and we basically stayed at home the whole weekend. The kids were in the garden from 10am until after 7pm, we had various friends around the whole weekend, the new BBQ was up and running and life was/is good. The one downer for me, and boy did I feel so bad, was that Asher hurt his foot and I lifted him up to check it out and his arm pressed the side of the bbq. I’d stopped cooking about an hour before but it was still way too hot and the split second caused him two burns marks on his arm! He was amazing, hardly any fuss at all and they stopped hurting him within a minute (after plenty of aloa vera gel was applied of course). I felt (and still feel) awful about it! This morning he came running in our room to show me his burn marks and to put my mind at rest that they don’t hurt at all, not even that much!! Bless his heart. But I feel rotten that it happened; it’ll NEVER happen again, not on my shift I can tell you!

The rest of the week in terms of exercise will include 3 gym sessions (2 with Ross and 1 at home), 1 pool speed swim and 1 pool 5 hr swim and hopefully 5 sea swims (if I can squeeze Saturday or Sunday in). I did manage a sea swim this Saturday at 7am with Damien. Once around the pier in about 23 minutes. Temperature was up a little to 7.8 degrees, but the sea was choppier than the few previous days. Not crazy rough or anything, but choppy enough to bash you around a bit. A good swim though and nice way to start what turned out to be a glorious weekend.

On Sunday it was the Brighton marathon and we had some people running for the Trust – Tim Piatt & his girlfriend, Jane Baker, Nev and a friend and one other (sorry I am rubbish at names!). Five in total which was fantastic. Also my sister Tracey set up a Family Fun Day at Varndean school with bouncy castle, car boot sale, cake sales etc. A great success. I had to pop to Falmer for a short while to help with a certificate giving for the young swimmers who had achieved their goals; apparently I was the guest of honour! How weird is that.

So a happy week ahead to all and let’s hope that the sun keeps shinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment