Thursday 29 December 2011

Swimming Day 395 - Thursday 29th December





Who turned the wind machine on and then turned the temperature down?
It was certainly better this morning without the rain, but the wind……..!!!!  Walking to the arch this morning I was tired but unlike yesterday wasn’t questioning why I was there; walking down the beach however I was most certainly questioning why!  Just six of us this morning at 7.20am and we were literally pushing against a wall of wind just walking down the beach.  Once again a low tide meant it was safe to go in, but  the actual swimming was almost impossible.  I don’t think I felt a stronger sea than that, it was a case of just trying to walk and keep going let alone swim.  As for the cold, the wind had such a chill in it that my whole left hand side (the side that I kept to the waves) was actually starting to ach from the cold.  I think the total time in the sea was no more than perhaps minutes, but it as enough to hurt.  Getting back to the arch and into the shower I couldn’t even tell if the shower was hot or cold I was that numb.  Saying that, the cold was definitely more from the wind that the sea as warming up was very quick (just a few minutes) unlike last year in the snow and ice which took ages to thaw out from.
Hopefully the wind will die down tomorrow and we can actually get some swimming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment