Tuesday 20 December 2011

Swimming Day 390 - Tuesday 20th December 2011


No swim yesterday for me as exhaustion won out.  I hate using the “e” word as I so rarely lose energy to that extent, but I think a very long & busy weekend, plus lack of sleep, plus a lot of pressure at work, plus pain from the op last week just took me over the limit.  I did get up in time for my swim, but Jesse (who’d joined us in the night once again!) pulled my arm, told me he loved me and snuggled back in; that along with the “e” word was too much and I fell back to bed until 7.30am and then headed off to the office. 
This morning however I was up as usual by 6am and ready for my energising swim and down the arch by 6.45am (too early as it was pitch black still!).  I was soon joined by Little Bob and Lindy and then at 7.15 by Big Bob, Shoichi, Damien and a couple of others; still not a massive turnout, but it is winter!  Big Bob and I went in on our own and headed West in a flatish sea against a fairly weak tide.  The temperature (my watch showed 6.3 degrees) certainly slowed us down as it isn’t long before your arms really feel heavy and your mind starts to wonder a little.  We swam from middle of our beach along the coast passed the groin to the next beach and then turned around and swum back along our beach to the pier and then back to the middle again to collect our shoes.  Total swim 11 minutes.  A good cold swim to energise one before work.  A very painful walk up the beach with frozen feet on freezing stones to remind us the madness of winter swimming.
Off to the gym at lunchtime for an hour with Ross.  Looking forward to it as I have not been in the gym for a week; although the area around my kidneys is still hurting so I really hope that a gym session doesn’t aggravate it too much, otherwise it’ll have to be a complete rest from the gym for a couple of week I think; hopefully all be ok.
Alls good and only 5 days until Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment