Thursday 22 December 2011

Swimming day 392 - 22nd December 2011



A nice warm end to the swim courtesy of Paul Smith and Captain Morgan.
The conditions were much the same as yesterday; however the hat was in the right place so no wibbly wobbly for me.  LB, Lindy, Bella, Sean, Mike, Paul Smith etc all in for their usual dip; Big Bob and I headed to the pier, then back to the groin then back to our landing spot mid beach.  Total swim 11 minutes, temperature up a bit today to 6.8 degrees – cold but bearable.
Afterwards a few of us headed to the Roaster for our usual coffee, however today Paul joined us and sneaked a spot of rum into our drinks.  Rum at 8.00am is perhaps the start of a slippery road downwards, however at this time of year it's far easier to slip downwards than struggle upwards!!
As I won’t be swimming Xmas day (it’s kids time and not mine) it means tomorrow is my last official sea swim before Christmas.  I might do Saturday morning (24th), but we shall see!
Now nice and warm inside I shall head of to the office and get some strong coffee inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment