Wednesday 28 December 2011

Swimming day 394 - Wednesday 28th December 2011


Back to work today and therefore back to the sea (with some trepidation; it’s always like that when I’ve been away from the sea for a few days).
Walking down the seafront at 7.am in the dark and getting soaked and windswept I did get that “what on earth am I doing” feeling again.  However once at the arch with my BSC friends it felt as naturally crazy as ever!  Not a massive number down there, but enough to make it fun and have a laugh; LB, Lindy, Mike, Leo, James & Martina.  Walking down the beach meant we were cold and soaked before we even hit the sea.  The wind made the sea crazy rough, however it was such a very low tide that even though we did the long long walk we never  made it out of our depth.  I think the total swim (if one can call it a swim) was no more than maybe 10-12 minutes, but it was refreshing, mind clearing and fun.  Great to be back to it.
As from next week I’ll be back to my channel training which means at least twice a week in the pool for 2 hr swims (including speed swimming – very needed), plus 2-3 gyms, 2 runs and 4 sea swims a week.  In an odd way I’m looking forward to getting back to really challenging myself physically and wearing myself out; whilst still getting my early morning sea swims in (very important for the mind).
An exciting year ahead and definitely going to get my channel swim done and dusted and move on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment