Tuesday 4 January 2011

Day 161 - 4th January 2011

Back to work today for begining of the year after a nice morning swim. It was extremely dark still at 7.15am when I was walking down the beach; just Soweichi and Me this morning, the others just turning up after us. The air temp was around 4 degrees and it was very dark (even the Pier lights were still off!) and it was just starting to rain. The sea temperature was 5.3 degrees like last week, so still cold but doable. To welcome us back the sea put on a little show of waves! In fact the first wave I encountered simply hit me full on as I was pulling my goggles down over my eyes and it shot me right out of the sea and back onto the beach. A few seconds later the two of us were out past the Pier sign and onto the next building and ready to swim back. Total swimming time this morning only 6 minutes, but considering you really coudln't even sea the waves coming, and there were a fair few of them, 6 minutes was plenty enough.

Tomorrow I'm back in the pool, which is actually quite daunting as I haven't pool swum for about a month. As it's my first one for an age - I am going to be sensible and not go too mad. My aim is a 3 hour swim, 7am-10am. Meanwhile tonight I'm back to the gym on my own for an hour; quite looking forward to that actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment