Friday 29 June 2012

Swimming day 508 - Thursday 28th June 2012




After yesterday pool session I was hoping for an easy swim today; followed by a jolly day out.  The first never happened, but thankfully the second did!
The weather felt unsettled in the morning; warmness in the air, but a feeling that a storm could be brewing.  Big Bob and I decided on a once around the pier swim and headed clockwise for a change as the tide was seemingly strong to the West and we felt we would be better to go against it through the pier rather than battle against it all the way around.  A sensible decision as it happens because the tide turned out to be really strong, that is despite a flat sea.  As for an easy swim; it certainly wasn’t that.  We had to really battle our way through and I could literally feel the muscles in my forearms and biceps straining all the way.  However we did make it around and I was pleased that I was leading all the way; it seems that I am getting stronger and faster each day and that the incessant training is at last paying off.  After the swim I headed home as I am having a day off!?!??!  However rather than just getting home and relaxing whilst I wait to be picked up I instead headed straight to my gym and used the VASA for 15 minutes until my arms and shoulders were literally on fire.  Seems crazy I know, but at least it gave me the night off later!
The rest of the day was spent in the company of a good friend at Goodwood Festival of speed ogling some amazing cars and some very blinged up cars – a lot of fun and how nice to be taken out and driven around for a change!  Then afterwards in the evening I was taken out for a gorgeous Chinese feat, also courtesy of someone else – treats all day for me, how spoilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment