Wednesday 13 June 2012

Swimming day 497 - Wednesday 13th June 2012


At last the rain has stopped and the sun has almost come out; does that mean the June winter is at last abating; corse not!!  It’ll be back to it’s full strength tomorrow for sure; but in the meantime we shall enjoy the respite.  So with a smile on my face (despite a sleepless night – Asher and Mia both kicked me out of “my” bed at 2.00am) I drove to the beach and joined Big Bob for our morning dip.  For a man with a bad leg and using a swimming aid this morning he was like a rocket; either that or I was swimming on the spot most of the way.  We swam up and around the pier, against a very strong westerly tide, then around to the further buoy the other side and then zoomed west back under the pier to the next buoy and then back in.  I’m not sure how long the swim took, but it felt like Bob did it in 10 minutes and I did it in 40 minutes; probably nearer 20 for him and 25 for me!  The temperature was still a cold 12.2 degrees and despite the sea being flat and calm the cold made it quite challenging.  In fact it was midday and my third cup of strong coffee before I actually warmed up.
Tonight I’ll be grabbing an hour or so in the home gym and back on my vasa swimming trainer; all assuming I can get the kids to bed at a somewhat decent hour.  Then tomorrow back in the big blue for more fun and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment