Monday 18 June 2012

Swimming day 500 - Monday 18th June 2012


 
500 days of swimming / 175000 words on my blog / hundreds of gallons of seawater drunk /
And so so so much more in terms of people I’ve met, experiences in the sea (good & bad), life changing swims (some literally life threatening not just life changing) and a change in my body shape that I really couldn’t have predicted; not to mentioned a whole new lifestyle in terms of what I do before work now (ad most likely will always continue to do).
The channel relay swim is now only 8 weeks away now and that is both exciting and scary.  As a relay I know I am more than able to complete all my 1 hour swims during the challenge; as will all my team.  The only area out of our control is the weather and this year particularly has stayed much colder than previous years and the weather has been unpredictable.  However I know for sure that come our week on 8th August that the weather will e very much in our favour and we will get this done; a life changing experience for my whole team and I.
As for today; a decent round the pier swim in 13 degrees and a clear sky.  The sea was very flat, although a hugely quick tidal pull to the east.  Bob and I were joined by Yvo and we swam really well; I particularly felt strong today.  All the recent (daily) training on my VASA is starting to pay dividends for me and I am now (at last) grasping the fact that bending my arms and using my elbow to my wrist rather than a straight arm is so much more powerful.  Over the next 8 weeks I’ll be working on this daily to make sure that come the swim day I am as strong and a s quick as I can be. 
500 days of swimming; almost can’t believe it can be so many and that my life could have changed so much because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment