Monday 25 June 2012

Swimming day 505 - Monday 25th June 2012


A lovely start to the day; lovely in terms of a clear sky after last weeks gails, lovely in terms of a flattish (just a bit bumpy) sea and lovely in terms of starting the week in the most amazing swimming pool that mother nature could have dreamt up.  Despite waking up with stomach pains (Crohns for some reason playing up?) a short minute standing still in the sea up to my shoulders soon dealt with that; once again the healing power of the sea amazes me.  Big Bob, having not exercised for a few days (unlike me who so far has done 10 consecutive days in the gym as well as all the swimming), decided we needed to do a longer swim today.  So we went around all the buoys on our beach, then around the pier, to the furthest buoy the other side, then back through the pier and back around our own buoys and then in.  Total swim time about 40 minutes and temperature slightly up (no up enough still) to 14.6 degrees.  It was a good strong swim to start the week and really set up the day/week ahead.  What was pleasing for me was that all the swimming and excess training is starting to pay off (finally!).  Not that I’m so super fast still, but I am finding that Bob and I are pretty much together from start to finish, which for me is great, especially as he is himself a lot faster than he was last year.  I need to just keep the pressure up and keep thinking about my technique as much as I think about the physical exercise.
Not many at the arch again; LB absent which was unusual – getting well wishes winging their way to you LB!!
This week will be gym everyday at home before bed, two gym sessions with Ross at Falmer, 4 sea swims and 1 pool swim.  That’s 14 training sessions this week.  With the Relay just 6 weeks away I need to do all I can and them some!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rob, hope to be back tomorrow or later this week! LB

    ReplyDelete