Tuesday 12 June 2012

Swimming day 496 - Tuesday 12th June 2012


After my gym session yesterday I had to get back to the office to finish some reports and then onto a meeting; ended up getting home 9.30pm with a raging headache and feeling a little sick (probably caused by long day, exercise and little food - still haven’t learnt re the whole eating nonsense).  After a handful of headache pills I hit the sack and tried to get to sleep.  Luckily no children turned up until 5.30am, so I did manage a good 4 hrs sleep, however the headache and the sick feeling still lingered this morning which was annoying and not overly conducive to morning exercise.
More rain and grey skies again; where oh where is the summer; come on sun it’s June for goodness sake?  Even though I was early again I sat in the car on the seafront for a bit as I wanted to swim with Bob this morning; also I really wasn’t feeling well enough to rush.  Having swum in the pool yesterday Bob had injured his leg and said he would just swim a little, certainly not a big swim or going around today; suited me just fine the way I was feeling. The sea was calm and flat despite the rain and we were heading for the end of the pier before I really had time to think about it; so much for not doing a big swim!  Coming around the head of the pier was splashy and the tide was against us most of the way, but apart form that it was an easy enough swim.  The temperature however has dropped yet again; a massive 1 degree drop from the last few weeks, down to just 12.2 degrees – it should be more like 15-16 degrees by now!  Coming back to dry land I was a little wobbly coming out of the sea, I think the headache was the reason, and I had forgotten to wear my crocs, so it was a pebble walk back to the arch. 
Usually Wednesday would be my pool day, but Bob doesn’t want to do it so he can give his leg a chance to rest an I get a feeling it will be another day before I feel back to strength again so I’ll probably give it a miss as well and just stick to the sea this week.  I thought a week away on holiday would leave me full of energy on my return; somehow the opposite has happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment