Wednesday 27 June 2012

Swimming day 507 - Wednesday 26th June 2012


It’s not often I big myself up, but this morning I am biggin myself up on my blog.  Why?  Well let me tell you.  It was simply because I went to the pool and did my best; despite my best being less good than previous days and despite really not wanting to go.
I was almost “exhausted” physically from all the training I have done over the last three weeks  without rest, generally without much sleep and on top of some major work projects.  Then last night, after going to parents evening at school, we joined our fellow parents for an Indian meal in Brighton.  Even though I have to have the plainest Indian food possible, my chrones disease still finds the plain food a struggle.  As such this morning I was not only tired from lack of sleep, but my stomach was really hurting me.  Getting up at 6am and having to face the pool was just about the last thing I wanted to do.  
However…..
6.30am in the car park at Falmer and by 6.45am I was in the outside pool with Big Bob (my saviour as without him being there I really might not have turned up!).  We did a 400 metre warm up, followed by 100 meter sprints x 10 sets with a few seconds rest between each set, then followed by a “punishing” ¼ Mile leg only session with a float – youch on the cramp; followed by a 200 metre cool down.  Despite not being as fast or as strong as I would have liked to have been, it was still Job very much done.
 A wise man once said “Always do your Best”.  Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.  Under any circumstances, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgement, self abuse and regret.  I’m not sure what wise man or lady said that, but what wise words they are indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment