Thursday 21 June 2012

Swimming day 503 - Thursday 20th June 2012

Yesterday – After work yesterday (4.00pm) I headed to the beach and in a much choppier sea did twice around the pier in almost exactly an hour.  It was perhaps foolish to go and do that on my own, especially since the swimming death yesterday; however I did feel strong enough and confident enough to do it.  I like to think that if I were to get to the beach on my own and have any fitness doubts or condition concerns then I would stay closer to shore rather than head out.  It was all in all a good tough swim in a warm sea (around 15 degrees at that time in the day – although some much warmer patches and much colder patched thrown in along the way).  Afterwards I headed home and with Sharon our (every night this week) it was around 8.30pm before I got the kids to bed and managed to get up to my gym and do my 15 minutes on the Vasa – this was particularly hard as I was rather tired at that point.

Today – Another early start today (6am and in the car to Kent for a board meeting) and then back to Hove for a office meeting and then off to Asher’s school for prize giving.  No swim this morning (again!?!?!?), however despite the rain and general change in the weather I still aim to hit the beach at 4pm ish. Then tonight naturally I shall be back on the VASA and maybe a stint on the running machine or cycling machine; assuming the kids hit the sack in good time.

Tomorrow – Back to the beach first thing for my 7am swim (wey hey hey hey hey) before heading of to London for a long but exciting day all about the Starr Trust and my plans for building The Lyrics Art Centre – now that is exciting for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment