Monday 1 November 2010

No Swimming today – 1st November 2010

While the French argue (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11664240) the merits of banning channel swimming and the CSA and others fight the good swimming corner, I shall take a few days rest. All this arguing just wears one out!!

I still don’t seem to have shaken off this bad cold that took hold after my 5 hour swim last Wednesday; it’s really unlike me to have a cold for 5 days, usually 2 days and it’s gone. I guess I’ve never before gone into the sea day after day with a cold; that could be why! Also over the weekend I developed a bad chest cough that left me with an awful rasping cough that even sent the Halloween ghouls into hiding. So after much guilt and asking the approval of Sharon, Fiona, Bob (any ayone else would I could get to offer me solace) I have decided to take a few days to get myself better.

The intention is to take this week off from all training and then start fresh and anew next week, but we shall see. If I start to feel refreshed and better then I’ll get back to it midweek; the key will be if the guilt of not training outweighs the guilt of training whilst unwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment