Thursday 11 November 2010

Day 128 – 10th November 2010

The weather must have known I was in the pool today as it decided to stop raining, stop being windy and let the sea have a much needed rest; a perfect day for a sea swim!! Oh well, I was in the pool and that was that!

I did a 3 hour swim today, which being a lot less than my usual 5 hr, meant I was actually thinking it would be rather easy. I am pleased to say that all in all it was rather easy. The first hour, as usual, was quite tough, but once I got through that I found the next two hours to go by in a flash. The pool was quiet generally, allowing me to have my lane to myself for most of the time which was great. I also had my Fiona in the lane next to me, which is always great company. For a change I decided to make each hour different; the first I swam as normal, the second I used a pool buoy , which is a float you keep between your thighs to keep your legs still so you just use your upper body and then the last hour I used hand paddles, which are like solid paddle gloves that you use to pull you through the water and they really work your shoulders. It made it a more interesting swim and by the end of the sessions I could really feel the workout.

Tomorrow I have another 3 hour swim, then followed by a 45 minute assessment by Ross at Esporta; Ross is going to be my new trainer. He is a Tri-Athlete and hopefully will be taking over from Mark on my swimming technique, plus becoming my gym instructor and dealing with my nutrition. It’ll be great having one person doing all this, leaving Fiona to help me in the sea. I’m not sure what the assessment contains, but I doubt it’ll be nice and gentle! Roll on Friday for my dip back in the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment