Thursday 18 November 2010

Day 133 - 18th November 2010


Another choppy day, but at least I managed to get in!

Nothing really like yesterday, however still a very strong pull as well as large waves on shore. After much thought I decided to just go for it and launched myself in through a big wave and kept my arms going until I cleared the breakers and was out into the deep. Bob and Midgie were not so sure and were heading for the girlie beach, but decided to stay and watch me as they were a bit worried about me! Bless em; I was really fine though. Then from nowhere Big Paul Smith came lumbering down the beach, straight passed them and hurled himself in, joining me in seconds. I think this was the driving force that made Bob throw caution to the wind, then suddenly I was not alone ; one became three! Midgie stayed on shore as I guess she was the one with a tad more sense!

The swim was rather tough as the sea was very choppy and cold, but we got to around the silver ball before heading back. The swim back was actually a challenge; Bob had a fight with a large wave, Paul got in after about 3 unsuccessful attempts, but as usual the Starr luck stayed with me and my entry missed the big wave and I coasted to shore on a nice mid sized one. Great to get in and have a hard workout. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Now on train to London for a more normal few hours with more normal people; if only they new how my day had started! On the train I had a chance to look over the Trusts proposed 21 children projects that the Channel swim will be sponsoring; I'd swim it for any one of them let alone all of them, all amazing and such worthwhile causes. Hopefully they will be finalised in a couple of weeks and then I'll blog them for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment