Friday 12 November 2010

Day 130 – 12th November 2010




So nice to be back in the sea today after two days in the pool; the sea really opens up my airways and lets me breathe again; I might need to take a week away from the pool and see if that helps. We were meant to be filmed today for the Argus, but sickness their end meant it is postponed until next Friday; shame really as the conditions today would have been a good site to behold.

No rain today which was good, but plenty of wind (in the air that is!!). The sea was really rough, so we went in on the girls beach and just played around, although if you had been there you might not consider it playing. It was quite hard to actually swim as the tide was really strong and dragging to the Marina and the waves were just constant and dragging (literally like a clamp on your body) you out to sea. We swam a short distance out, but it felt a little scary as it wasn’t an easy swim to get back in; so we kind of stayed near the shore as much as we could. As for the temperature, it felt like 10 degrees today; my face actually hurt for a couple of minutes.

Whilst I do love these days, I really could do with a calm sea for a few days now so I can do some sprints around the pier and work on my distance and speed. Let’s see what Monday brings.

Another week over, another week of ups and downs (literally) and another week closer to my Channel swim!

Fundraising still has a mountain of way to go, but we are almost at 10% of the fundraising challenge, which is £10,000; I personally think that is amazing in two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment