Thursday 11 November 2010

Day 129 – 11th November 2010

Not having gone to the sea today I can only imagine how big it must have been. The weather this morning was appalling; heavy winds and rain, but today was my second Falmer day. I finished my pool swim as planned for the week and at 9.30am I met with Ross and we completed my assessment; body fat, muscle tone, water balance etc. At this stage none of it means much to me, but he seemed to understand it all, or at least he sounded like he did!! He is now away for 2 weeks and then on his return he will be completing a swimming technique session with me to see how I am doing and will also start me on my new gym plan and eating plan. I get the feeling that this will increase my physical week to yet another level, although I am not sure how that is possible as I seem to be constantly swimming, running and weight lifting – how my muscles aren’t growing I am not sure, but hopefully they’ll get there in time for the swim!!

Tomorrow I’m in the sea at 10am as Richard Lindfield is going to be filming me for the Argus blog; hopefully the sea will be big and they can see the madness that sea swimming in November really is.

After tomorrow I may take a few days off from swimming as I still am really badly stuffed up with a cold, which has now been for about 2 weeks and I really need to shift it as I can hardly breath from my nose at all. I probably shouldn’t go tomorrow, but I have committed to the filming and also I really want to finish this week off with a decent sea swim.

Yesterday afternoon Darren, Mel & I met with five of the charities that would like us to support them as part of Swim4Smiles; oh my god how emotional was that. It was so inspiring to meet such incredibly dedicated people, but it was so draining to hear such sad stories about children who just need a chance in life; I so admire these people who get down to the work and make such a difference to these children around the world; I would swim the channel twice over for any one of them let alone all of them; there really are some amazing people in the world. This afternoon hopefully will be a big boost for all these charities as I am meeting with the CEO of Shoreham Port as he has expressed that he would like to support the Starr Trust and Swim4Smiles, which is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment