Tuesday 7 August 2012

Swimming day 535 - Tuesday 6th August 2012 at 10.00am







This is the actual Starfish that was stuck to my shoe at the weekend; now my lucky starrfish!

18 hrs left to go …….
This morning saw the team down at the beach and having a gentle swim in preparation for later on.  Big Bob, James and I took a leisurely swim around the pier, nothing strenuous or fast.  The sea was an enjoyable 16.5 degrees, the air was a pleasant 14 degrees and the wind was down to a simmer (it was howling last night and clearly wore itself out).   We are still on for a 4am start and I am picking up the team on route to Dover from midnight tonight; I can’t believe after 2½ years of learning to swim and daily training that it’s almost here.
I’ll be keep an on-boat blog of the adventure and will upload it on Thursday for any interested persons to see; that will then be the final blog date.
Feel free to text me on 07771 921276 or email me at rob@starrtrust.com during the swim and it will be read; with any positive comments written on the white board so I can see it whilst swimming.
My boat is the "Louise Jane" and you should be able to log onto the Dover Harbour Master website and track the boat online if you want to - may be boring though as it's just a line accross the blue (hopefully a straigtish line!!).
My next blog, please god, will be following a successful and trouble free swim.  Please keep all fins and gills crossed for team Starrfish x


1 comment:

  1. Go Starrfish! Proud to be associated with such a team!

    ReplyDelete