Thursday 2 August 2012

Swimming day 531 - Thursday 2nd August 2012


With 6 days to go the sea throws a treadmill at us!
Great fun actually and superb exercise. Bob and I started at the groin, swam our hearts out for 20 minutes and were still at the groin!  The tide can be so powerful that sometimes it keeps you still and sometimes it shoots you back; without us swimming like that we would have been shot back across the whole beach and into the pier in a matter of minutes.  Our aim was simply to get across the groin to the next beach; it took 3 concerted efforts to do it and on the third we did it.  It was perhaps 2 metres only, but across the line is across the line and job done.
Afterwards I headed off to my final Physio appointment before my Relay and had an hour of Kim stretching my neck until I looked like a giraffe and squashing my shoulder muscles until they looked like squashed shoulder muscles (sorry I can’t think of a suitable alternative!).
Tomorrow will be an easier Friday swim and a Roaster coffee, plus a gym later in the day.  Then it’s a restful weekend awaiting next week .  I’ve got that excited Christmas feeling; nervous with anticipation but excited about the event approaching!
Fiona decided on our order today; based on who she needs to swim when in terms of speed, endurance and ability to handle the cold:
The following in order of starting:
Lindy
Alex
Shoichi
James
Rob (me)
Leo
The big Six Starrfish; wey hey

No comments:

Post a Comment