Monday 6 August 2012

Swimming day 533 - Sunday 5th August 2012




3 days to go …….
With just a few days to go (hopefully) and a lazy Saturday yesterday, I thought a nice Sunday swim would be good for the mind.  I was in the gym today at 7.30am and did an exhausting hour and then got to an empty arch at 8.45am.  The sun was mostly up and the sea was mostly calm; a strong tide to the West, but hardly any waves.  There I was getting changed and about to slip on my crocs when I noticed something stick to the inside of the shoe.  I figured it was a piece of seaweed that must have been on the ball of my right foot on Friday and I must have simply trodden it into my shoe without knowing.  However on closer inspection it was not seaweed at all, it was the smallest, most perfectly formed Starfish. I’ve never seen that before. It was embedded in my right show, in the ball of the heel and it was absolutely perfect. 
I didn’t put the shoe on!!  I repacked them and when I got home after my swim (a gentle hour around the pier & buoys a couple of times) I had Sharon use a pallet knife to gently peel it off and save it.  As my Relay team is team “Starrfish” I shall take this as a very good omen indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment