Monday 23 May 2011

Swimming day 258 - 23rd May 2011

Just a little one today; swim that is!!

The Arch was alive with members new and old. My old favourites, Little Bob, Mike, Big Bob, Shoichi, Paul, Leo, David, Martina, Bella, Lindy etc all present and accountant for and then new member James plus two other new members. It seems that the chemicals in the pools around Brighton are indeed driving more people towards the sea. Quite right too if you ask me; pools are too boring, too warm, too crowded and full of chemicals whilst the sea is just full of life and inspiring. The wind this morning was really making a fuss and it meant that there were proper waves again; been a while since we’ve seen that. Nothing too crazy, but certainly big enough to swim around and play in. Big Bob stayed out for a good half an hour, but I played with my friends Little Bob and Mike and did just a short 10 minutes. After Saturdays swim my neck was still a little bruised so I didn’t want to overdo it, also I fancied some fun, which today certainly was.

Tonight after work I’ll grab an hour in the gym and then tomorrow in the morning I’ll do a 2-3 hour sea swim.

Not much to report apart from that I don’t think. The kids all well, but had both twins with us from about 2am until I was rolled out of the bed by 5.30am. Asher had a swimming gala at school today which I went to watch; amazing to see him so proud of himself swimming around the school pool. No doubt at all that he will be a far stronger and quicker swimmer than his old man! Clairvoyant evening on Friday (I'm in the middle with the loud shirt) raised over £1,000 for the Trust as well as bringing in new supporters. Heatwave expected in UK for June and July, which will bring the sea temp right up. I think that’s about all the rest of the news and all good news it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment