Sunday 15 May 2011

Day 251 - Saturday 14th May 2011

As I didn't swim Monday I made up for it with a decent swim today. I was at the arch 8.30am, slightly later than usual as it's Saturday of course (also wasn't home till after midnight last night as over friends last night for dinner). Leo, Shoichi and Paul were just leaving after their swim and Angus was there about to start his swim to the West Pier and then to the marina (long swim!). I wanted to be alone, I seem to be enjoying swimming on my own at the moment, so with Angus going West I went East. It was a bumpy ride the whole way and the temperature was high elevens; however, my wetsuit kept the cold at bay and kept me high enough in the water to limit the waves by a good degree. I got to the marina in 1hr 5mins, against the tide the whole way, and I got back to my beach, via around the pier head and the buoys in 35 minutes; power of the return tide making a very quick return. Total swim 1hr 40mins and probably around 3.5-4 miles, half with a strong tide. A decent swim, one I need to do a lot more, although like Angus I should throw the West Pier in as well.

When I got back, after around 10 minutes sitting on the beach edge disrobing from my wetsuit, I saw Fiona at the arch with the Saturday swimmers about to go in. Whilst I should be more sociable I have to say that being on my own does suit me; sad chap that I am!!

After my swim I headed straight for Burger King and got a breakfast muffin and hash browns; very not like me, but I have been told to put on a stone and by george I shall do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment