Thursday 19 May 2011

Day 255 - Thursday 19th May - Blog on the Bog!

As planned we met at the Arch at 7am and walked to the Peace Statue. Big Bob, Fiona, Leo, Evo and James (new chap). Little Bob and Mike were so tempted to join us I could read it in their eyes, but the chance of a little walk to the buoy and back was just to alluring for them so they passed on it this time!! It was such a low tide today that the sand literally ran for miles along the coast, so we walked straight down our beach to the sand and then had a lovely 20 minute walk all the way along passed the West Pier to the Peace Statue. The sun was shining, the air was tepid with a slight wind and the sky was blue. By the time we reached the Peace Statue I was very tempted to forget the swim and just turn around and walk back, I think others may have felt the same. It wasn’t that we didn’t want to swim, it was simply that the walk was so nice and relaxing that it seemed a shame not to do it again on the way back. However, we are swimmers, and swimmers swim! So in we went and headed around the buoys and straight over to the red buoy at the end of the West Pier. The conditions were completely different to the last few days; hardly any waves at all, very flat and a light tide pull to the West (the direction we were heading). The swim took about 25 minutes and I would guess it was about a mile in total, maybe a little more.

A really lovely start to the day and a good swim as well.

This blog today is dedicated to my good friend Daniel, who is no doubt reading this whilst sitting on the toilet, thanks as ever for your support. The fact that you read my blog every day, ignoring of course where you read it, means a lot to me. Knowing my friends support me and take an interest in what I am doing really does help. And for Natalie, who listens from outside the toilet while Daniel reads it aloud, it goods to know I make it into your gossip column!!! Love you both; keep smiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment