Wednesday 4 May 2011

Day 243 - Wednesday 4th May 2011

Score card today –

Health – 7/10 – Feeling much better, only foot still hurting. Walking up the beach today after my swim I found that someone had taken my sandles from where I had left them, which meant a pebble walk. As it was, my foot was already hurting and I was hobbling, so by the time I got back to the Arch I was in rather a lot of pain. By the time I reached my car for the drive to work I was very glad to have been able to use my disable badge and park very close by!! Really hoping it does its usual and just vanishes again overnight!

Swim – 7/10 – Sea was back down to under 10 degrees (9.8 by my watch), wind chill very high, air temp only 8 degrees; however sky very blue and sun out so not all bad.

The sea herself was choppy and the tide was pulling really hard to the East again. I started at 6.40am (on my own) and swam to the West Pier; it took a hell of a lot of effort to get passed the Brighton Centre and then onto the West Pier; I didn’t time it but I reckon it took a good 25-30 minutes to get there. The swim back however was super quick, taking probably only 10 minutes. I carried on passed the donut and headed onto the Palace Pier, all the way around and back to the beach. Total swim around 55 minutes I would guess? Sitting at work now, apart from my aching rheumatism, my shoulders and arms are very heavy. At the gym last night with Ross as we couldn’t do any leg work it was an hour on upper body and abbs, so I was already seriously achy when I started this morning. Tomorrow I’ll aim for the West Pier again, but will see how I feel as Friday (weather permitting) I will give the Marina a go.

Generally – 10/10 – Well you gotta pretend your glass is overflowing haven’t you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment